Wednesday, August 31, 2011







These five images represent five pieces of my own artwork that are significant to my process as an artist. The first iage is a painting I created from a photograph I took; if I appropriate images in my work I believe it is important to be from my own images so the work is completely my own.  The second painting is significant to me because I painted it in a much looser style with more prominent brush strokes than how I usually work.  The series of photograms was an experimental component of my film photography class.  For this project, I used a paintbrush to track and capture the movement of paint in a photogram, which was soemthign I had never done before.  The wooden box is an example of a 3D work, which I do not have much of but I really enjoy.  The last image of ceramic peppers can be considered less successful than the others as my orinigal idea did not work out the way I had planned, however I displayed the individual pieces together to make one whole piece.  I feel this group of work shows my range as an artist and represents what I can refer to for myself to plan ideas for my future pieces.  I do enjoy working with nature and I feel beauty can be found in the simplest of objects and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment